dmmd.net
January 24, 2020, 03:46:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DMMD Algorithms (DMA) is a multi-threaded image processing library that takes advantage of the multicore CPUs available today.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fonts used for the menu's of version 4  (Read 22069 times)
lutz

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2008, 08:31:52 pm »

Hello there at DMMD,

which Fonts are you using for the menu's of version 4? On my Win xp Pro machine they are unreadable. Something like a black font with a white outline on a dark grey background?
Darian
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 06:29:11 am »

Hello Lutz,

The problem you are having seems really strange!  Can you please tell us the exact version by going into Help/About and then also providing us with a screenshot of the problem?  You can capture a screenshot with Visere's Screen Shot utility and save the image as a JPEG.

Also, are you using the regular XP desktop?  Or are you using some third party shell?  Which one?

Thank you,
Darian
lutz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 05:36:14 pm »

Hello Darian,

I am using version 4.2.7451.0b  but I had noticed it in earlier versions too.
I hope the attachment will work.

Thanks!
Lutz
Darian
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 11:32:55 am »

Hello Lutz,

OK, we are now aware of the issue you are having.  This seems to be related to a change in API in Windows Vista.  You said you are using XP, so most likely you are using a Vista like theme/skin.  To temporarily allow you to use Visere on Vista and other Vista like schemes we added an option for disabling our skin for menus.  Here is what you need to do:

1. Download the latest 4.1 version of Visere from: http://pictomic.com/test_visere/4.1/, version 4.1.7575 or higher.  Version 4.2 will actually be discontinued as we decided to jump to version 5.0 -- which will be a complete redesign.

2. Optionally, download the dcraw plugin (for reading RAW files) from http://pictomic.com/test_visere/4.1/plugins.

3. After you install the two MSIs, go to DMMD/Visere/Skin Editor/Skin Editor.  In the menu, go ahead and check the box: "Use Default System Menu".  That should hopefully resolve the fonts issue you are having with the Visere menu.

Best,
Darian
lutz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 10:24:04 pm »

Thanks !!!,

I will give it a try , when I am back home. I am currrently travelling.
lutz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 11:08:51 pm »

Hello,

thanks, after using the skin editor as described and the newest version - everything is readable !  Smiley
(However, I am not using any fancy windows XP skins or themes Huh)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: